Monday, September 17, 2007

Whoop-de-freakin-do

You may remember that eight days ago I vowed I'd be at the same weight I was at age 30 when I turn 40 in November. Well, one week into my program, and I weigh exactly ONE POUND less. And that could easily be that I drank less water yesterday than I usually do, or maybe I got up to pee in the middle of the night or something dumb like that. So basically, no change. Could it be that I only ran once last week? I imagine that has something to do with it. I did work my @ss off in the yard yesterday, and we're talking heavy work too -- digging, hauling rocks, etc. I did it again for two hours this morning. That has to count for exercise, right? Maybe last week was a bad week to try to start. I had a big presentation to make in Santa Fe on Friday, and was so busy & stressed with the preparation that I didn't make time to exercise. Maybe I should just stop making excuses and drag my lazy self out to run.

1 comment:

"M2" said...

I am down 3 pounds after one week
the secret.......... get sick
hacking nonstop burns good calories.

I know it's depressing..... keep going
my 20 year (OMG) reunion is in 3 weeks and I must loose the weight.