Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I'm married to a psycho

M has night terrors. He's prone to hallucinations and semi-violence in the middle of the night. A week or so ago, I awoke in the dark of night to a pillow bouncing off my body onto the floor on my side of bed. I rolled over & opened my eyes to see M sitting straight up in bed, clearly in the final stages of pillow-flinging. I asked him what the HELL he was doing, and he said "I thought there was a snake. I saw a snake on you. I was trying to protect you!" Ummm, with a PILLOW?! Every time I bring it up now (which I do frequently, because I find this story hilarious), he insists loudly "But I was trying to protect you!" which only makes it funnier. Like I said, I'm married to a psycho, but I love him dearly, psychoses and all.

5 comments:

Meghan said...

It is funny that you posted this. I, too, am married to a psycho. He bolts up in bed every time I turn over. When I was 9 months pregnant in JULY (2004), I was laying in bed, with my shirt up over my big, sweaty belly. He jolted up, slapped my belly as hard as he could yelling "what is that?" Of corse, he remembered none of it the next morning. I still laugh about it.

J said...

That's hilarious! It sounds like our husbands are soulmates. We should introduce them.

Anonymous said...

OMG, I laughed so hard at Meghan's comment... my husband now thinks I'm a loon, sitting up here in the loft laughing so hard I can't talk!

But I came here to remark that my ex had night terrors, too, and one time he leapt out of bed, pulling me with him and we both woke up in a heap near the door. Gives M something to shoot for!

(Glad to have your blog link so I can catch up!)

Mamacita said...

We should get my psycho and your psycho together sometime.

"M2" said...

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!
mine just snores like a hog