Monday, November 17, 2008

We now return to regular programming

Cute pictures of my kids, of course! Actually, B wouldn't let me take his picture this weekend, so I don't have any of him, but I do have a funny little story to tell. He's been very interested in the idea of babies in mommies' tummies lately, and has been asking a lot of questions. This morning, he asked me, "Mommy, when I was in your belly, did I crawl up to your mouth and look out?" When I said "Nooooo (through smothered laughter)," he asked "Then how did I see anything?"

Here's Z enjoying her latest hobby, cramming herself into small spaces. Empty cardboard boxes, laundry hampers, her doll stroller, and the dog's toy basket are all common targets. In this case, it was a barf pan (sans barf) in my grandfather's room at the rehab place where he's currently recovering from a double knee replacement.

We finally had our first snow, nearly a month late. It was last Friday. Last year, I believe our first snow fell on October 21. It's so nice to have a blog to look back for that sort of thing!

It snowed really hard, but it didn't last long. Less than two hours after I took this picture, the sun was shining in a perfect blue sky and almost all the snow was gone. Welcome to Colorado. If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes.

I got this from my sister today. It's my mom holding me & my brother. I think it must have been taken in about mid-1971, before my sister even came along. It's one of my favorite old family photos.

4 comments:

pittmane said...

I'm pretty sure the picture was taken at Hermit Park in the fall of 1970 or spring of 1971.

Snowflowers Mum said...

thats the cutest photo of Z! Perhaps a career in the circus?

I love that old photo, makes me want to hunt out some of my old ones!

I love the back to noraml programming...

me too.

Cavatica said...

Holy cow... she fits in a barf pan! Cool. My girl calls the nurses and runs the electronic recliner when we visit the nursing home. Oh, the entertainment when young!

Juliette said...

Your girl is quite the acrobat!
Love that pic of your Mom.