Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Attention Radical Right

Please step back and resume your rightful place as a minority fringe in American politics. Karl Rove, you can step even further and go straight to hell as far as I'm concerned.

America has spoken: we reject your policies and your campaign tactics, and we rejected your candidate. For too long, you have dominated American politics. You are frightfully good at motivating your followers to get out and vote. In fact, we Progressives should study your tactics. But you are not a majority, you do not represent the majority, and you never have.

Tonight, I am laughing and crying at the same time. I have literally gotten up and done a little dance of joy. I can't wait to see my kids in the morning and tell them the news: I have real hope for your future today.

Finally, America has a president who makes me proud. President Obama will help America regain its image in the world. Once again, we will be seen as a leader, a defender of peace, democracy, freedom and tolerance. There is once again a chance that we can improve what used to be the world's best free public education system so that our children can compete in the world economy. Perhaps we will figure out a way to develop a sane health care system that looks out for children, the elderly, and the mentally and physically disabled, and makes fair demands that those who can afford to pay their share do so without forcing the rest of us to pay outrageous fees and premiums. Our soldiers who have fought so honorably to defend us can come home from Iraq, and Iraq can start paying for their own defense out of their ridiculously flush bank accounts, while we try to pay off our debts and balance the budget. We can re-focus our military policy to address the real threat to our safety: Al Qaeda and the Taliban in Afghanistan and Pakistan. Families like mine will see a tax cut, while those who can afford to pay more in taxes will. Our tax policy might be restructured so that it favors corporations who provide jobs for Americans, instead of giving breaks to companies that move off-shore. Energy independence will now get more than lip-service, and we can start providing the incentives producers and entrepreneurs need in order to boost wind, solar, and other clean sources of energy.

Thank you America, and thank you Barack Obama. Now I can't wait until January when he can get started.

Buh-bye Bushies, don't let the door to the Oval Office hit you on the arse as you head back to Texas.

8 comments:

pittmane said...

J called me last night at about midnight eastern time. She asked me to make this blog post for her because she was unable to do it herself. Unfortunately, when I got home at 1 am, my internet was down so I wasn't able to post it until this morning - all the words are still hers, but I share her opinion! GO *PRESIDENT* OBAMA!!!!

Mamacita said...

Yes, YES, DOUBLE DOG DIGGITY YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally! I'm actually "giddy"!

Snowflowers Mum said...

YES WE CAN is not just a slogan it is a REALITY!

This is the 'UNITED' States for the first time and it's the United States I feel good about having my children grow up in.

HISTORY WAS MADE!

GO OBAMA

now the real journey begins.

I hope the Bushes are packing.

Maia said...

Couldn't have said it better.

Melanie said...

Doing the happy dance with you!

Cavatica said...

Buh-bye Righties! Got nuthin' better.

J said...

Want to know a secret? I wrote this post two weeks ago. I was so ridiculously hopeful and optimistic that I thought Obama could really pull it off, and I sat down and wrote this post straight from my heart in about five minutes. I saved it, and asked my sister to post it if my hope and optimism paid off. It did, and I have to say, I have not felt so positive about my country and our future ever in my lifetime. EVER. Also, I'm glad that we don't have to sell everything we own and move to Costa Rica before January. Not that moving to Costa Rica would be a bad thing, but now I think staying home will be even better.

PS - Mr. President, don't forget that I have a son who would make a great husband for Sasha someday...

Donna said...

Jennie -
I've been pretty much avoiding your blog lately, because you know we are on very different sides of this and pretty much every entry has been a love-fest for Obama and a trashing of McCain. I respect your opinions and beliefs, even if I disagree with them. At least now, with the democrats in the majority, you won't be able to blame us republicans anymore for the whoas of the country. :)

Oh, and I do like the new look of your blog.

Now, how IS Z these days, anyway?