Monday, July 9, 2007

What's for dinner?

So tonight M asked me "Why do you keep taking pictures of our dinner & posting it on your blog?" Well, first of all, this is only the second time I've done it, so I don't necessarily agree that I "keep taking pictures of our dinner..." Second, sometimes our dinners are exceptionally pretty, especially when served outside on bright blue plates. Also, maybe it'll be useful someday when I can't think of what the hell to make for dinner (this happens quite often). I can just look back at the blog. It'll be like a visual cookbook. Maybe the "What's for dinner" post will be a new Monday regular thing, since Mondays are non-work days for me & I usually have the time to make something more involved than pasta for dinner.

So tonight it was grilled porkchops (thanks Christie for the idea), avocados with a little salt, spinach sauteed in olive oil & garlic with a little rice wine vinegar, and my new spin on caprese salad -- chopped tomatoes, basil, fresh mozarrella, & cucumber with a dressing of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, crushed black pepper and kosher salt.


The little Bee, eating his dinner:


The aftermath:


So what did you have for dinner?

4 comments:

Mamacita said...

Mmmmm, we had zee zoup! See blog.

Dannye said...

mmm that looks great, and healthy!! cool idea, I just wish my dinners looked that great...

Anonymous said...

I just wish I had a kitchen all to myself so I could cook something. Oh...and it'd be nice if all my cookbooks weren't packed away in a tobacco barn.... sigh.... Looks yummy to me! When can I come to dinner??

Anonymous said...

ummmm...erin p, that's the downside of living in your boyfriend's parents' basement. HA HA HA HA HA! You're living la vida loca, Erin.