Friday, January 18, 2008

We're going to China!

OK, they don't actually have our TA yet so this isn't official, but it looks like we'll be leaving February 14th for Hong Kong. Then on the 17th we'll fly to Nanchang, and get Zhi Yi the same day. They're going to request a consulate appointment on the 26th, 27th or 28th, and we'll head home two days after that. They know TAs are on the way & should arrive early next week, and expect ours to be in that batch. We should know for sure next week!

Our visas came today, so that's one bureaucratic hurdle down. The big one still looms though -- the I-171H still isn't here. The agency was going to call USCIS today to see what they could do to move things along.

As always, my heart dropped down to my feet when I saw the agency's name on caller ID. I started to cry when I called M to tell him about it. Let's go already!

My countdown clock: 30 days to Zhi Yi

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
Love your blog, your little Zhi Yi is an adorable little butter nugget! Looks like we will be your travel companions, can't wait a. to meet you guys
b. for the 17th!

Cheers,

Anne and Mike

4D said...

Woo hoo!!

Keep smilin!

Mamacita said...

Awesome. You have plenty of time to receive that I 171H. This is going to be exciting!

Andrea said...

Yippee!!! I am doing a little happy dance here for you!!