Sunday, January 20, 2008

Weekend


B on a January afternoon. How could you not love that face? Lock up your daughters, my friends.


All the more loveable when that look is followed by a spontaneous happy dance over the discovery of a stick. Right after I snapped the picture he asked "Mommy, is it OK if I hit the window with this stick?" NO! At least he asked first.

B and a buddy went to ski school on Saturday. It was B's third time on skis, but his first official lesson. I think he might need one or two more before you see him on the X Games. [B is smack in the middle of the picture, in the bright blue jacket.]


I really have to figure out how to post videos on here. Actually, first I have to get around to downloading the software for our camcorder. There is one video of the ski lesson that's pretty funny. Imagine half a dozen four & five year-olds on skis and one instructor. At one point, there were four down and the poor guy was going around picking them up one-by-one and putting them back on their feet. Before he even got to the next downed kid, the first one would fall down again. At no point were there six kids all on their feet.

M was rather disappointed in the lesson. We took him to Eldora, which is known for being a good place for kids to learn to ski. We put him in a two-hour first-timers class because I was afraid he wouldn't have the attention span to make it through a full-day lesson. Well, one problem was the aforementioned six kids:one instructor ratio. Another was the forty-five minute break in the middle of the two-hour lesson. So I paid $79 for an hour and 15 minutes? And apparently he only got to actually ski one run during that time. The instructor spent the rest of the time picking up kids and putting them back on their feet. I think Eldora will be getting one of my famous (infamous?) letters of complaint.

My countdown clock: 28 days to Zhi Yi