Thursday, November 8, 2007

The list is here

In their regular Wednesday afternoon update to the website, CCAI announced yesterday that they had received a new list of waiting children. I'm thinking of gluing my cellphone to my body so I can't leave home & forget it. It would be just my luck to miss a late Friday afternoon call and have to wait all weekend to get the details. Or to glue the cellphone to my hip, then not be able to unstick it to get it to my ear when it rings. Note to self: glue the cellphone to the hand, not the hip.

Any day now, we'll be looking at the face of our daughter. Of course, when I say "any day now," I mean anytime between now and January. That's how long it'll likely take them to work their way through the new list. But we are almost certainly in this time around.

Nervous, nervous, very nervous.

2 comments:

Mamacita said...

I hope almost certainly = for sure!

Wear the phone around your ear like a necklace.

Anonymous said...

Oooohhh... very excited & hopeful for you! I hope everything goes beautifully and you can soon see your little girl's lovely face!

So sorry to hear about your grandma. Sadness, happiness... always so intertwined. I'm sure you have many wonderful memories to treasure.