Sunday, July 12, 2009

Gardens

Magic compost + wet spring = beautiful gardens


Doesn't that just make you want to sit down in a chaise lounge on the patio with a good book & a glass of wine? That's what it does to me! What I cropped out of the photo was the giant dog who wants to play and the two kids screaming for my attention. That would take away from the peacefulness this picture conveys, don't you think? There is no peace in this house until after about 8:30pm, when both kids are finally asleep.





The vegetable garden is looking pretty good too:

That's bok choy that's bolted on the right-hand side there. I think it's time to start over on the greens. It's been so cool & rainy that I'm thinking about starting more lettuce & spinach by seed. Normally at this time of year in Colorado, the seeds would just cook, but I think I may be able to pull it off this year.

1 comment:

Snowflowers Mum said...

will you come and set up our vege garden? I kinda suck at gardening, despite my dad having one of the best gardens in the country(NZ)...I am the black sheep with the black thumb in my family.

I love bok choy.