Sunday, July 26, 2009

Check

One goal down. These were the goals I set back in the beginning of July:

1. run 50 miles in the month of July
2. shave another 30 seconds off my average pace by the end of July
3. be able to run 10 miles by mid-September (without dying)

So far, as of July 26, I've run 53.4 miles. Woohoo!!! And I still have four days left to run (I'm not counting July 29 because B & I will be flying back home that day). I'm going to pass 60 miles.

I'm not so sure I'm going to make goal #2. My average pace for the month of July is about 19 seconds faster than the previous month, and I doubt I'm going to be able to shave off another 11 seconds in four more runs. Although running is definitely easier here at sea level. I feel faster. I also feel like I'm running in a big vat of hot soup. Anyway, maybe I'll consider upping my distance a good enough accomplishment for the month of July and work on my speed in August.

1 comment:

Snowflowers Mum said...

dude...that rocks! good for you! I remember my running days(okay stop gafawing), I ran when I lived in Colorado, and once I got back to see level after the summer in the mountains I felt like a super freakin star...but it was temporary...I just am not a natural...my arse attests to that fact!

Will you run the wimpy Boulder Bolder? Bolder Boulder? I can never remember the way around it goes.