Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July

We went up to my hometown & spent the 4th with my parents. The town puts on a really good fireworks show. Some friends of my parents live right on the park where they do the show, and they always host a big party on the 4th. Their kids & grandkids come, so there are plenty of people for all of us to talk to & play with. I didn't take many pictures, I'm afraid. Here's what I've got:
B hypnotized by the TV

Silly girl

Stop taking my picture!!

My dad

I may not have a lot of pictures, but I do have a funny story. After the fireworks, we went back to the house to have dessert while we waited for the traffic to thin out. M was sitting in a chair that Z had been sitting in earlier in the evening. You know the toddler mind-set: if I think it's mine, then it's mine. Well, Z marched up to M, and with a very stern look on her face, she shook her finger at him and said, "Get out of MY chair....RIGHT NOW!......one....two....three..." and proceeded to count all the way up to seven. The whole room burst out laughing and I practically fell of the couch I was laughing so hard. She didn't get the chair, but she looks very pleased with herself any time she overhears us tell the story now.

The 5th of July pictures are much better than those from the 4th -- we went to the Best Park EVER, and I have somewhere in the neighborhood of a kajillion pictures. Or maybe it's only a bazillion. Anyway, lots of pictures. Tomorrow, I promise.

No comments: