Saturday, February 9, 2008

Packing sucks

I just hate it. And I can't figure out how some people do their packing ahead of time. There's stuff I'll use right up until the night before we leave. I'd rather just do it once, rather than do it now, then undo it so I can stick the last few things in on Wednesday night and then pack it up all over again. I've got some semi-organized piles going, but I think I'll wait to actually put it in suitcases until Wednesday.

B & his dad are going to a monster truck rally with some friends tonight, just the dudes. No girls allowed. You know what? It's going to be the first time I've had an evening to myself at home in FOUR YEARS. Since B was born. I'm really looking forward to doing absolutely nothing in a quiet house.

4 comments:

anne and mike said...

I second that! I have a mountain of essential items in Luke's room and can't bear to organize it. If you forget something I promise to share! Thanks again for the list,
Anne
(Luke's mom)

J said...

It's a deal Anne. We'll pool our resources!

Snowflowers Mum said...

I hate packing...Mike is the rockstar when it comes to traveling light. I usually forget something and take too much unecessary stuff.

Good luck with that!

We are at least 6 weeks away from travel..I think.

H

Special K said...

I'm with you. If I pack too early, I'll just pack three or four times instead of once.