Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Update: 30 at 40 campaign

So I'm turning 40 in about six weeks. I really really want to have the same body I had at 30, yet somehow I haven't mustered the energy or motivation to do much about it. Since I made this decision (about six weeks ago, I think), guess how much weight I've lost? Zero. Zip. Nada. And how many times have I run or worked out? Twice. In six weeks. I don't think that's going to make much difference.

So today I hired a personal trainer. That's right, I'm paying someone to motivate me. We had an hour-long workout, and it was actually very fun. I think it's going to make a difference. I'll probably be a little whiny tomorrow though, b/c my legs already hurt and feel rather rubbery when I go down stairs.

4 comments:

Mamacita said...

We'll I've succeeded at my 50 at 40 campaign! Woo hooo! I'm 40 today! Good luck with your campaign. A lot can happen in 6 weeks.

4D said...

Good for you. I would need a dominatrix/sadist with a cattle prod to get my arse in gear.

Keep smilin!

J said...

Checking in to whine. Oh.My.God. My legs hurt so bad. I'm walking like Frankenstein, like I don't have any knee joints. Stairs are torture. I hate my trainer. No wait, I love him. No I hate him! Wah!

"M2" said...

you go girl
I gained it all back