Friday, October 5, 2007

This kid is not normal

I bought a head of broccoli to steam for dinner. B saw it on the counter and said, "Wow! Thanks Mommy!" The kid loves broccoli. Whenever I make it, he asks for seconds. If he sees it in the store, he begs me to buy it. Tonight, he grabbed the whole head, ripped off a chunk, and scarfed it raw. Then he asked if he could eat the leaves. I said sure, and he tried them but found them less tasty. Finally, he took a big chomp out of the stem and ate it, then went back for a second bite. Not normal. I attribute it to the fact that I fed him nothing but organic, whole-grain, fresh, dirty hippy homemade food until he was almost two. Then he started eating the preschool-prepared meals, and that wrecked everything. But he still has good instincts. What an amazing kid he can be.

2 comments:

Mamacita said...

wow.

4D said...

Good stuff! Trees are the best (what we call them).

Keep smilin!