Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Snow day

October 2009 snow

We woke up this morning to nearly a foot of snow on the ground.  Actually, we woke up at 5:30, when the automated call from the school district told us that schools would be closed for the day.  Then we went back to sleep, and by the time we got up around 7:00, the snow was starting to pile up.  It's closer to two feet now I think, and still snowing hard.  Who knows how much we'll have by the time it's moved on tomorrow?  I'm trying not to think about it.

3 comments:

NeuroMama said...

Probably, I shouldn't jinx myself by saying this...but, I'm so envious of all that beautiful white and the idea of being inside, cozy and warm. Still, it's way too early!

Raine in NH (who will be sick of the white stuff by early March)

Maia said...

You got a head start on us - this is about what it looks like here now...many hours later. I have to say I've thoroughly enjoyed today...even though it IS awfully early for all this, and bodes for a long, hard winter of digging-out.

Michele said...

I'm so sorry for you that you get this so early.

But I love that you get an automated call from the school. Every district should have that.