Sunday, October 11, 2009

House of plague

B has been sick since Friday night, with what turns out to be H1N1.  Then less than an hour after returning home from the urgent care visit that confirmed the diagnosis, Z came down with a fever.  She doesn't seem to feel bad at all yet, but poor B is hurting.  He's burning up with fever, 103 even with drugs on board, and has a scary hacking cough.  The doctor said his lungs sounded good though, so apparently the cough is not as scary as it sounds.  This afternoon he started complaining that his legs & his head ache.  The poor little dude.  There's really nothing we can do but keep drugs in him & keep him drinking fluids.  I'll call Z's doctor in the morning, since her age puts her in the high-risk group.  Maybe she'll luck out & they'll give her antivirals. 

Let's hope M and I can hold out.  I don't know what we'll do if all four of us are as sick as B is right now, all at the same time!  At least now that debate over whether or not to vaccinate the kids for H1N1 is moot.

4 comments:

Michele said...

I'm so sorry the kiddos are sick and I hope they get better very fast. The decision of whether or not to vaccinate is a tough one but at least you don't have to go there any more.

Cavatica said...

Oh yuck! Hope they are better soon!

Snowflowers Mum said...

ick. feel better...if I was your neighbor I'd bring around soup.

Maia said...

Personally I was glad to get it all over with on the early side. I barely slept for three nights for fear that her breathing would get rough...but no problems in that dept for us, thank the powers that be. Q seemed to have a relatively mild case. And Mike and I had stockpiled the adult antivirals (only ones we could get) when the outbreak began. We were all pretty feeble, but didn't suffer a lot. Glad you came through the plague unscathed.