Friday, April 17, 2009

Springtime in Colorado, Chapter 2: Snowbound

The kids and I are snowed in (M is out of town). We've been getting incredibly wet, heavy, slushy snow all day. The roads are a mess. We went out to Safeway late this morning to stock up for a couple days, and there were cars stuck all over the parking lot. Luckily, ours wasn't one of them.

I am SICK of winter. Spring fever is killing me (has anyone ever died of spring fever before? I may be the first). I'm visualizing myself watering my vegetable garden, deadheading the flowers, splashing in the kiddie pool with the monkeys, but what do I get? Two freakin' feet of snow. Hey, at least somebody likes it:




3 comments:

NeuroMama said...

Yikes! Please keep that snow at your house. I think spring might finally have sprung here in northern New England. Please, please, let that be true.

Raine
CCAI WCP Mom and daily reader, but infrequent (never?) commenter

Anonymous said...

Wow, you really got hit. I am sorry. It sucks to have Spring and not be feeling it.

kitchu said...

well, your dog really loves it... that's something, yes? okay so maybe not so much. hope spring comes soon.