Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Strep, pinkeye and lice

That's what they have confirmed cases of in B's preschool classroom this week. To be honest, I'm most afraid of the lice. Pink eye is no biggie, and we've been through strep throat once already and found that zithromax knocked it out remarkably quickly. But lice. Ewwwwwwww. I've heard that they don't spread from person-to-person as easily as once thought. You pretty much have to sleep in the same bed or something. If that's true, he should be fine. Cross your fingers that B stays healthy and doesn't bring home any little white things on his head. I will FREAK OUT if that happens.

10 comments:

Maia said...

Oh Jennie, it's not so bad. I think strep is a thousand times wore. Lice you can get rid of with a shampoo. No biggie at all.

Alana said...

I got head lice working in a daycare, so it spreads easier than you think.. It is easy to get rid of if tyou are VERY good at getting that shampoo on well. It was 16 years ago and I STILL get the creeping willies at the mention of the litte buggers!!

Donna said...

Ooooh, hope those yucky bugs stay AWAY, I'd freak out too...

Mamacita said...

Ewwww, is right, but I think I'd take my chance with lice over pinkeye. Pinkeye spreads like wildfire and its nasty and hard to get over! Good luck!

Suz said...

I don't like any of them! I'd be out buying the lice shampoo right away though. The quicker you get rid of those bugs the better!! We found sheets and towels washed in hot water to really help stop the spread of buggies.

Suzanne

Rebecca said...

Yep, I would take the lice over the pink eye and Alana has long hair. Good luck!

J said...

I'm so surprised to see people say they think pinkeye is bad! B had it once when he was really little, and it was no big deal. His eyes were bloodshot & goopy, but after one day of doing drops, he was allowed to go back to school & his eyes were much better. He never felt bad at all. Did we just get lucky with a really mild case?

Maia said...

Jennie, I'd have to agree that pink eye isn't all that bad. I think it's worse for girls because they are more self-conscious (I remember wailing that I didn't want to show up at school with goopy eyes) but it is a quick fix and not a big deal.

Tasha Kent said...

Ohhh. but think of how fun it would be to comb those little buggers out of his hair.

It could be fun..like popping zits..

Never mind.

J said...

Tasha, if he comes home w/lice, you can come over & comb his hair. It gives me the willies just to think about it!