Thursday, December 6, 2007

Happy birthday to me

We're going to take a short break from the infinite baby girl cuteness today so that I can tell you about my birthday party. I turned 40 last week, and my men threw me a big bash last Saturday. There were about 30ish adults there, and what seemed like about two dozen kids but was probably more like eight or ten.

The party had an eclectic theme: pirates and superheroes. I imagine B may have had some say in the selection of the themes. All the party favors had a pirate theme -- treasures such as mardi gras necklaces and toy rings with giant plastic gems, as well as eye patches and gold hoop earrings (or nose rings, depending on your preference). The cake had a superhero theme, and read "Happy 40th Birthday Woman-Girl." If you want the backstory on Woman-Girl, you'll have to go read the last part of the Snow, sand and kryptonite post.

Lots of fun was had by all. Here are some of the party pix to prove it:


Me and my handsome B


Woman-Girl and Captain M



I had lots of help blowing out the candles


BFF


B's girlfriends

9 comments:

Donna said...

Happy Birthday, girl!!! I turn 42 in 11 days :) We've both received wonderful b-day and Christmas presents so far, huh?? Our girls!!

J said...

You're right Donna! B was my Christmas present (born on Christmas Eve), and G will be my birthday present, referred just four days after my brithday.

You know what else is a little freaky? B was born at 3:55pm; the call for G came at 3:53pm.

Mamacita said...

Looks like lotsa fun! Happy Birthday again! Welcome to the, ahem, 40 club. You look awesome, not even a day over 30!

4D said...

Happy b-day again! What a great party. Fun theme...good for kids and adults. Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum, whislt saving the world!

Keep smilin!

Anonymous said...

Do you realize that "B" stands both for B's real name AND "boy" and that "G" stands both for G's real name AND "girl?" cool....

J said...

Not only does B stand for boy, it's how B used to pronounce boy, remember? There were "girlos" and "bees," once upon a time. That's actually why I decided to go w/initials on here (although I never considered using real names), b/c of the double meaning of B.

I'm going to have to figure out how to refer to Miss Zhi Yi on here, since her actual name will be G. J. ZhiYi B., but her nickname will be E----. Hmmm...alphabet soup.

Maia said...

I LOVE the themes. In fact, same themes as the bulk of my Christmas presents this year. We're all about pirates and superheros around here!

Looks like a blast...I'm even more depressed that I had to stay home now. :(

Mutha Mae said...

Awww, happy birthday! Also nice to see the woman behind the blog posts!

"M2" said...

Happy Birthday ( a little late)
glad to see a photo of you, nice to know who you're talkin to.