Friday, May 28, 2010

Field Day

Today was B's last day of kindergarten.  Only it wasn't a school day -- it was field day!  They had it at a park, since his school doesn't have playing fields yet.  (They're being built this summer.)  Kids stayed with their class and competed against their classmates, and rotated around three stations:  tug-o-war, 25-yard dash, and egg & spoon race.  We started at the tug-o-war:

The event we all like the best was the 25-yard dash though. Z got to race:
I love how that little boy is leering at Z instead of watching where he's going!

I got to race, with B on my back (I'm the one in a pink t-shirt, black shorts, and blue cap, with a monkey on my back):

B ended up winning a second-place ribbon in the 25-yard dash. He was SO proud! He did great too. The kid who beat him was at least six inches taller, so I don't think B had a chance against him.

Look at the determination on this kid's face!

This is the face of a tired B:

2 comments:

Cavatica said...

I love these pictures. What an athlete!

Michele said...

I'm a bit late reading this but great job B. I always used to love field days.