Sunday, August 30, 2009

Cheap date

Yesterday afternoon I needed to return a couple things at the outlet mall, so all four of us went. As we were strolling from one store to the next, a childcare place caught our eye. Our kids begged and begged to be allowed to go in (they had good toys), and once we discovered their rate was $5/hour for two kids on Saturday nights, we agreed. They even fed them dinner! M and I went to a restaurant at the other end of the mall that had half-price appetizers & drink discounts for happy hour. We shared a plate of calamari & a small pizza, and each had a couple drinks. So for under $50 including childcare, we had date night. At the outlet mall! I'm not proud of that last part, but for $50, you really can't beat it.

3 comments:

Juliette said...

Who cares it was cheap or the outlet mall? It's a date!

pittmane said...

Awesome! I wonder if our outlet mall (Arundel Mills) has that....

Snowflowers Mum said...

hey, how did I miss this? I feel your pain...I often look at the childcare place at IKEA but always chicken out, plus..what kind of date is 15 minutes over a plate of shared meatballs.

now...if IKEA served wine I'd be all over that!

date night costs a minimum of $60 just for babysitter...lets just say we don't get many date nights...3 a year?