Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Kindergarten, here we come!

I finally heard yesterday from our first-choice school -- B is in for kindergarten this fall! This is a public charter school, and a Montessori school. Right now it's preschool - 6th grade, but they're adding 8th & 9th grades over the next couple of years, so he'll be able to stay there until he goes to high school. And Z will now go in their sibling priority pool whenever we're ready to send her there too, whether that's for her last year of preschool or when she starts kindergarten. She'll stay where she is for now because she's happy there.

I felt a little bad when I called the other school to withdraw B because the principal was so nice, and it seemed like a good neighborhood school. They told me not to feel bad though, that I knew my kid best, and if I thought he'd do better in the Montessori environment, then they understood why I was withdrawing him. Nice people!

2 comments:

Snowflowers Mum said...

AWE-FREAKIN-SOME!

This is brilliant news J! I am so happy for you guys!

Anonymous said...

cool, glad you got the school you wanted.