Wednesday, March 18, 2009

3 things for Wednesday

1. B has his first loose tooth! Actually, we think both the bottom middle teeth might be loose. He is incredibly excited about it, so excited that he called & left me a voicemail on my cellphone about it last night when I was flying home from a business trip. He also had lots of questions about it. This morning, he asked why the leprechaun didn't leave money under his pillow overnight. He also asked whether he's supposed to put the tooth in a box or something before he puts it under his pillow. The kid wants to be prepared when the thing finally falls out. He's been looking forward to losing his baby teeth for at least the last year -- I remember him asking the dentist two visits ago when he could expect them to start falling out. The really funny part is that just ten days ago, we checked out a library book about a kid who loses his first tooth. B's been wanting to read it almost every night. Maybe we should look for a book about a kid whose parents win the lottery on our next library visit, and read that almost every night...Stay tuned for the adorable missing-tooth picture!

2. I was in a state capitol yesterday that I think I'll not name. Of course, they had the requisite post-9/11 metal detector and x-ray machines. The guy behind me went through the metal detector -- BEEEEEP. They sent him through a second time -- BEEEEEP. Then they told him "Go through it again, but this time walk really fast." !!! Apparently then the metal detector can't pick up the weapons, thus alleviating potential complications that would require them to get up off their comfy chairs and do something???? I felt so safe all morning inside that capitol. Not.

3. Over the weekend, I heard a radio ad for a local high-end strip joint (no, I don't know it's high-end because I've been there or used to work there; that's just its reputation). I'd like to note here that this was the first time I've ever heard an ad for a strip club on the radio. Are sales down because of the economy, thus driving the need to branch out from their traditional advertising strategy, whatever that is? I'd think sales would be up in places like that -- lots of depressed laid-off dudes looking for relief from their misery over the foreclosure of their home, you know. Anyway, they were promoting an Irish stripper -- excuse me, "exotic dancer" -- who would be performing on St. Patrick's Day. The key aspect of this promotion wasn't that she was Irish though, it's that she was under three feet tall!

1 comment:

Snowflowers Mum said...

aaaaah, the worlds first stripping leprechaun! That is so freaking high end!

I have some Tipperary jokes, but nothing beats the three foot tall stripper!