Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Alien pizza

My aunt Catfish is legendary for her gift-giving skills. This year for Christmas, she sent B two cooking kits: one for alien pizza and one for magic wizard cookies. BTW, Z got a hokey-pokey skirt -- it's a super-twirly dance skirt that plays the hokey-pokey. She adores it.

So B and I finally got around to making the alien pizza on Sunday. Here he is, ready to go:


And here is the kit before we got started:


Notice how when we started to combine the water and the dough mix, it began to look a little green around the edges:


And still greener:


Here it is after it came out of the bread machine:


Here it is ready to go into the oven:


Note how the sauce on the pizza on the left looks a little purplish. That's the sauce that came in the alien pizza kit. I was a little dubious about the purple sauce, so I made the second pizza with boring old red sauce, just in case the purple stuff was nasty. That was a good move, as it turned out.




We discovered that green pizza crust is quite tasty, but purple sauce is NASS-T. Even B & Z wouldn't eat it. It didn't help that it turned black when we cooked it. Yuck-o! But the other pizza was yummy. Maybe next weekend we'll try the magic cookie kit. I think they come out sparkly. I love anything sparkly, so I bet they'll be delicious!

1 comment:

Snowflowers Mum said...

gross,,,fun I'm sure..but still gross!

post the dress...post the dress