Thursday, June 19, 2008

The bottom line

$80 new ignition coil + labor
$55 diagnostics to figure out it was the ignition coil
$ 260 80K service (might as well, since it's there)
$65 new passenger side window
=
$460 + tax. That car better drive like a freakin' dream. What IS an ignition coil, anyway?

Tomorrow I'm taking the kids to CCAI's annual carnival. Think bounce houses, games with junky prizes, hot dogs, ice cream, and about 500 kids. They'll be in kid heaven. We'll probably only stay an hour or so, so that Z can squeeze a nap in. One of the families we traveled to China with is going to be there too, and it will be fun to see them again.

I'll also take Z's four-month picture & post it tonight or tomorrow. I don't know why I keep forgetting to do that until about two days past the day I'm supposed to do it!

Sunday is the big half-birthday party for B. His birthday is Christmas Eve, so we started a new tradition last year where we have a big bash with friends on his half-birthday, and just a small party with family on his real birthday. Stay tuned for news and photos...

5 comments:

Donna said...

Gracious, girl, what a mess!! I'm sure you're thrilled to spend all that lovely money on your car...not fun. I'm jealous about you going to CCAI, though, I'd LOVE to go. Who from our travel group will be there? Curious...
Have fun and try and forget about the car.

Mamacita said...

Sorry about the car....I had to spend more than that on my dog's teeth, so at least you can drive the car....my dog doesn't even smile at me!

We're not doing the carnival or picnic this year...but we are going to Red Rocks on Saturday night for Plant/Krause concert! Woot!

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

An ignition coil makes your car go zoom, as you now know. Cheryl use to have an oldsmobile that loved to eat these things every few years, including on our honeymoon. hope the darn thing runs another 5000 miles to get your money out of the repair.
Doug Iverson

Jenn said...

Ouch on the car!! Hopefully it drives like a dream, just like you said! Kenzie and I had a great time visiting with you today! I put up a cute picture on our blog. :)

Let's chat soon!

Anonymous said...

Have fun and please post pictures.

Cars are only good for one thing. For everything else, they suck.