Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Z gets glasses; M gets silly

Here is the first of two pairs of glasses Miss Z got today:


It was really hard to find glasses that fit her & looked good. All the frames made for kids her age looked ridiculous on her. Her face shape is so round -- or maybe it's square? -- anyway, they sort of just sat there in the middle of her face. She looked like a little owl. Most of the frames for bigger kids were too big for her face (these are a tiny bit big, but won't be for very long at the rate she's growing). And anything light-colored really didn't look good on her. They just sort of disappeared into her face. These two pairs (I'm saving the second pair for tomorrow) were really the ONLY two I liked.

Now if we could just figure out a way to keep them on her. Even with the special ear pieces that loop almost all the way around her ear, she rips them off every time I look away, or even if I merely blink. I'm especially worried about keeping them on her at preschool, since that's the place she's really most likely to do something to hurt her eye. If anyone knows any magic tricks for keeping glasses on an 18 month-old, let me know! Duct tape? Staples, maybe?

While B & I were walking around the block last night (which took nearly an hour, partly because I was barefoot, and partly because we kept stopping to talk to neighbors), M and Z seized the digital and took a self-portrait:


I must say, I'm a tiny bit jealous that Z can wear bright orange and lime green so well. She really looks stunning in both. I, on the other hand, would look either orange or lime green in these two outfits.

PS - Thank you Nana!

6 comments:

Mamacita said...

She looks adorable! Too bad you can appeal to the fashionista inside a toddler....

I can't help you. I could never keep a hat on Sugarlips....even in a blizzard!

I love her lime green shirt!

Mamacita said...

Sorry,

That's CAN'T appeal to the inner fashionists.

Need. More. Coffee.

pittmane said...

OMG she is soooo CUTE. She's one of those people who will easily be able to pull of glasses as a fashion accessory.

Cavatica said...

She looks great in glasses and I'm very curious about toddlers keeping glasses on, as Snowflake will be wearing them young. Don't know how young, but maybe young enough for it to be an issue.

Melanie said...

Z looks great - those frames are perfect for her! Ethan is going to need glasses by the time he is 4 years old, according to his eye doctor. So I need to keep these frames in mind when the time comes! I also love the self-portrait of her and her daddy - too cute!

Snowflowers Mum said...

good grief Jen, she is freaking adorable in those glasses!