Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Not feeling the love

I have not had the energy to blog lately. I've had a little run of bad luck, and it's had me down. I'll spare you the gory details, but the bullet-points version goes something like this:
  • Somebody slammed into my parked car on 9/19 (I was not in it at the time, so nobody got hurt).
  • The dumbass tow truck driver hauled it to the body shop by the back end, thereby burning out the transmission.
  • Thanks to the transmission damage, the insurance company declared my car a total loss last week.
  • They're only giving me about $8000, which is not nearly enough to buy a car that I feel safe driving my kids around in.
  • So we're looking at used Subarus, with a $10-12,000 auto loan in our very near future.

To top it all off, I fell down on a trail run a couple days after the accident and banged myself up quite nicely, and now I seem to have acquired a nasty cold that today migrated down to my chest and has lodged itself quite solidly there. And I got an email for Z's preschool director saying that there's a confirmed case of flu in her classroom. They're not saying for sure that it's H1N1, but since 90% + of all cases of influenza A are turning out to be H1N1 in Colorado this fall, the odds are good that it is. Oh, goody. I know two families where the entire family has come down with it together. Wouldn't that be fun? Especially with a nice chest cold going to start me off on the right foot.

There have been some glimmers of happiness in all my gloom, like the visit I made to my sister last weekend to snuggle the twinitos and my big win at the racetrack on Saturday (a whole $9!). Let me get the car buying hassle out of the way, return the craptacular Ford Focus to Enterprise (who, by the way, did NOT pick me up on the day of the accident), and refocus myself, and I'll do a nice sunshine and rainbows blog post with some of the many pictures and videos I've been storing up over the past couple of weeks. Maybe that'll happen on Friday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When it rains, it pours. I am so sorry about the car. It is not just a pain and inconvenience, it is now costing you money. And you didn't do anything!

Snowflowers Mum said...

ugh Jen...that sucks.

The car thing stinks.

I dont know what else to say.

feel better.

Cavatica said...

That does stink. Sorry.