Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Music

I'm loving Indie 101.5. I don't know how long they've been on the air -- maybe a year or so? -- and I can't figure out how I didn't know about them until last month (M found them). It's been a looooooong time since I've listened to anything but NPR on the radio, pretty much since Cle@r Ch@nnel bought the airwaves and made every radio station exactly the same. BOR-ing. But this station is awesome. I sometimes can't wait to hear what they'll play next. Sex Pistols, Silversun Pickups, Jesus & Mary Chain, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and so much other good stuff. I'm finding out about bands, some of them even local, that I've never heard of and love love love. I especially love it during fundraising week on NPR.

The down side? Now I don't get much news anymore, since I listen to NPR less. I still read the New York Times & the local paper online most days, but I kind of miss my NPR. Such a dilemma.

If you live in Denver, you should check them out. 101.5.

2 comments:

Snowflowers Mum said...

I love sirius radio...I can flip from BBC world news to left of center...and God forbid Disney Channel(the kid loves Miley)...so I get news(real news), new edgy music and enough plastic fluff stuff to fill my brain to exploding point.

I do love NPR...but fundraising week makes me want to explode, I can only handle monotone voices for so long before I get itchy.

Laura said...

Will do! I'm mostly on Pandora all day at work, but I'll check it out on my commute some day. Thanks for the tip.